The celebration of baroque music on the Acadian coast begins in a week
A Festival “Larger than life” presented in Lamèque this summer
Lamèque, N. B., Wednesday, July 20, 2016: Only a week left before the beginning of the 41st season of the Lamèque International Baroque Music Festival, on July 28, 2016. The program of this year stands out with the presentation of three concerts and three special events, some of which are free. Among the forty musicians and singers who will perform on the stages of the Festival, we note the presence of an exciting line-up of international artists.
Three concerts, three events and more!
This year’s Festival promises to be “larger than life” with many artists from here and abroad, including some from the United States, China, Russia, Germany, France and the United Kingdom.
· First concert - Thursday, July 28, at 8 p.m.: "Stormy Winds". This concert, dedicated to baroque woodwinds, will be a treat since we rarely have the opportunity to present a concert featuring wind instruments.
· Second concert - Friday, July 29, at 8 p.m.: "French Feast". This concert will feature the winner of last year’s Mathieu Duguay Early Music Competition, soprano Odéi Bilodeau, and four talented musicians.
· Third concert - Saturday, July 30m, at 8 p.m.: “Bach’s Mass in B minor”. This mass is often seen as the ultimate masterpiece of the one called the greatest composer of the Baroque era. (Sorry, this concert is sold out, but we have tickets available for seats with limited visibility.)
· Event No. 1 - Friday, July 29, at 1:30 p.m.: “Dress Rehearsal for Bach’s Mass in B minor”.
· Event No. 2 - Saturday, July 30, at 11 a. m.: "Concert/chat with Vincent Lauzer: the surprising recorder!”. Admission is free.
· Event No. 3 - Saturday, July 30, at 3 p.m.: Informal pre-concert lecture: "The Mass in B minor Demystified". This event will also be an occasion to meet three musicians who will talk about (and play) the trumpet, the horn and baroque timpani. Admission is free.
The Festival will take place from July 28 to July 30, 2016. Details of the program are available on the Website at www.festivalbaroque.com and tickets are on sale.